Why Social Proof is crucial for your conversion rate, landing page?
A business needs to be perceived as a credible and trust worthy enterprise for a website visitor to be influenced by your messaging. The results can be outstanding for your conversion rates, social proof badges can increase conversions by 10%-30% depending on usage and clarity.
Other ways to increase perceived credibility or trustworthiness can be by doing some of the following:
- Making your landing page look professional
- Using paid certification badges
- Up-to-date Certificates
- Using “Secure” in button text ex: “Go to secure checkout” vs “Checkout”
- “Shop with Confidence” messaging
- If your site offers secure transactions, let the customer know with a badge
- Making sure your copywriting inspires confidence and makes the business appear credible
Things to test
- Use 3rd party verification logos
- Test adding a physical address in the footer
- Test putting assurances related to security, privacy, returns etc
- Try putting your telephone number in the header, test size of number