How to Effectively Use a Personal Landing Page
Being a new day and age where computer technology has made the world one big social media platform, we can acquire employment from creating an active web presence as opposed to sharing your resume everywhere you go.
Do not get me wrong; the resume might get you that dream job, but as compared to an individual who has an active web presence, your chances are close to null.
Often, when recruiters and potential clients seek services or new employees, Google and various social media platforms are the most common form of research that is done.
When you drop off your c.v.at that dream organization you hope to work for in future, they cross-reference your social media profiles with their own set of unique skills that they believe their new employee needs to possess.
Furthermore, a simple resume will not get you noticed, and we all know that for you to get that job, you need to stand out from the crowd.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance to establish an active web presence that portrays your image in the best light possible. Here is how you can set up your web presence.
1. Establish your Own Website or Landing Page
Being that you have a choice to either set up a website or a landing page or microsite, it is up to you to decide on the content that you make known to the world, including your potential employers.
You need to let people know more about you, your skills, and your accomplishments and give samples of your work.
Personally, I advocate for a landing page since it gives a sample of what you can do and if they are interested in knowing more, they can access the links available on your landing page.
More so, on your landing page, ensure that you optimize on the keywords that are commonly used in your career field. This will maximize the number of views that you receive.
2. Social Media Presence
Platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Quora are sites mostly visited by employers searching for employees.
Ensure that you have shared interesting thoughts and replies that show how brilliant and talented you are. It is best if you have a complete Google Plus profile.
3. Create a Blog
A blog is one of the best ways to let people know what you are passionate about, your thought process and your persuasion levels. Write articles that display your knowledge in the industry you are in as well as future predictions.
While establishing your landing page, you can ensure that you have the following;
• Create a full portrait or a professional photo as the first image one sees when they visit your website.
• Make sure that you feature your work projects; especially for the creative types e.g. writers, graphic artists, and photographers. For instance, you could post a book title that you have just finished working on or paintings or an album whose progress you are proud of.
• Enlist projects that you have accomplished for companies. Your landing page is your own marketing platform. You may decorate it however you deem fit.
• Talk about your personal views and beliefs. What makes you unique as compared to others? Make sure you post material that would attract your future employer to you and not the rest.
• Your landing page has to have a call to action button whereby visitors can contact you. You might leave your email address or phone number if you are daring enough.
Therefore, there is no limit to what you can do to attain that dream job or work for that dream organization you have always wanted.
The technology available in this day and age is quite vast and does not limit what you can do. Utilize all the available opportunities and create your personal landing page today.