The Beginners Guide To Facebook Grid Tool in Digital Marketing
Facebook Grid Tool: The use of digital marketing has risen greatly over the past couple of years. Facebook is one of the best platforms for online marketing. This owes to its large clientele.
But there is more than just posting your advert on Facebook. The main aim here is bringing your product to life by showcasing it in a fast loading and interactive experience.
If you do not do it right, for example, using the wrong image, your advert will not be accepted. This is discouraging and no one wants to walk this ugly path.
Fortunately, there is Facebook grid tool to help you solve this menace. Its aim is to test the images you want to incorporate into your advert to help you determine if it meets the standard requirements set by the Facebook guide.
If it is not satisfactory, then facebook grid tool give you the room to make the necessary adjustments before hitting the ‘submit’ button.
Quick Steps to Using Facebook Grid Tool
1. Find the Facebook grid tool on your Facebook page. it will help you determine if your ad will pass the text image ratio as laid out in Facebook guidelines.
2. Click ‘browser’, select and upload the image you intend to use in your ad.
3. Press the ‘’show grid’’ button. The image will be displayed in a 5*5grid.
4. Click on boxes containing the image texts. The texts should not be present in more than 20 boxes and the text percentage should not exceed 20%.
5. Edit your image until you meet the specifications.
6. If you edit the image and still cannot meet the requirements, then consider uploading another image and follow the check if it meets the specifications before submitting it for reviews and approval.
Requirements for Standard Facebook Ads
Knowing how to create a canvas Ad is important but it is even more important to know the elements that make your canvas stand out from the crowd and be able to pass through the grid tool. These requirements include:
Clear and Informative Images
Use image size ranging from 400px wide and 1500px height to 1080px wide to 1920px height. You can, however, use a width of 5400px if you opt for tilt to pan images. If you must include text, don’t use more than 20% words in the image.
Make your images impressive, informative, interesting and related to your products. If you present an image of someone swimming in a case where you are advertising latest car model, be sure it will be rejected as fast as possible.
Short Clear and Precise Video
Use a minimum of 720p to make your canvas look appealing and able to fit on a mobile screen. The video should be related to your product.
Add a short and clear text to describe the video. Also, make the video clear. No one wants to strain their eyes watching unclear and boring videos.
Short Descriptive Text
Use short, precise and clear texts. Facebook Ads guideline recommends a maximum of 500 words in the text.
Don’t clutter your audience’s phone with unnecessary words. Make it short, snappy and informative. Avoid unnecessary words that add no value to your advert.
Clear Calls To Action
Remember your major aim is to persuade the audience to undertake certain actions. Communicate the action early enough before the readers get bored and abandon the page. We advise that you use an easily visible call to action button.
Using actionable and strong CTA is at each stage is also important in guiding your readers and making things easier for them.
Some readers may not know what action to take next so assumptions should be completely out of your canvas.
Failure to have the correct CTAs will see your advert rejected. Test the calls to action and pass them through the Facebook grid and make adjustments to meet specifications.
Keep it Simple
Complicated is discouraging. Make your canvas page as simple as possible. Use simple words and easy to understand videos and images to grab the attention of your audience.
Mobile Friendly Ads
Many people are currently using mobile phones for various activities, one of them is the search for products on Facebook. But there is a limit to the information that a normal mobile phone can contain.
With so much information about a product specification that the advertisers want to share, the canvas Ad is the best alternative that plays this role.
And Facebook will require you to make the ad as mobile friendly as possible before submitting it for approval.
No one wants to spend an entire day trying to click and read an advert. Canvas ads should be created in such a way to make documents download faster, thus saving the readers’ time and resources.
Canvas images and videos are known to download 10 times faster than the normal mobile web. The grid tool will scan through your ad to verify if your ads are easily clickable and download faster.
Ability to Generate Traffic and Achieve Maximum Leads
Your Facebook canvas ad should be able to get you more traffic and customers to buy your products.
Since that is the aim of creating a canvas ad. By making the ad viewable by many people and making the calls to actions enticing, a large audience will subscribe to your page and react to the required actions.
In the long run, this will give you maximum returns on investment and see your business thrive. This is especially true if you incorporate the canvas into an appropriate landing page.
1. It is illegal to advertise illegal substances like drugs, pornographic materials, tobacco, human trafficking and any other illegal products and services.
2. Facebook promotions provide many alternatives for advertisers. These range from website adverts to a company Facebook page adverts.
3. Facebook makes it possible to target a specific group of people based on their interests and localities. This makes it more profitable and easy to reach your target audience. Your customers can also evangelize about your products to their chain of Facebook friends.
4. Remember pictures are the essential element of your Facebook Ad. You can have an excellent title, good CTAs, but these must be incorporated into a good picture.
Images are known to capture attention and create a vivid description as well as enhancing memorability about the product. Make sure the picture you use meet Facebook specification
5. Don’t forget the Facebook grid tool 20% text rule as we discussed earlier.
6. Properly make use of analytical programs such as Google Analytics. This is important because Facebook doesn’t offer conversion records.
You cannot, therefore, be able to access the data of those who have abandoned your Facebook page or website. Use tracking tags or Google’s URL builder.
We advocate the use of Facebook grid tool to help you determine the efficiency of your ad. Make it a tradition to run your ad through the grid tool before submitting it.
This will save you time and avoid a discouraging situation such as your ad being rejected by Facebook.
For professional input, Lander, which is a leader in social media marketing has skilled and experienced staff will help you create the best Facebook canvas ads.