Does Your Landing Page Have the Right Images ?

Now everything on your landing page- copies, bullets, testimonials, and videos seems right in place but you are stuck with "Do I have the right image that fits the page?"

You aren't satisfied with letting your designer choose what they like and you aren't sure if you want to use something similar to what your competitors are using either. When you are striving for a high converting landing page, you must reconsider your strategy for choosing the right and highly-optimized images.

But why are these images so important? As humans, we tend to remember images better. So, it goes without saying that your images bound to catch your prospect’s eye. Quite naturally, these images need to appeal to them on an emotional level as 90% of information transmitted to our brain is visual, with the remaining 10%  divided between the rest of our senses.

Ernesto Olivares in his study of “Imagery and verbal processes,” states that our ability to remember words depends on our ability to visualize their referents. And, it takes only 150 milliseconds for us to process an image, and another 100 milliseconds to attach any meaning to it.

This is what makes social platforms like Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Snapchat so successful - because they are image driven and they know images capture human attention at the deepest level.

Find and grab those "Free Images"

You can, of course, purchase images from a lot of online stock photo agencies. But did you know that a lot of these sites such as i-stock, Getty images, Flickr and other free online image portals offer tons of free stock photos for landing pages? Search and find the necessary pictures from these stock images that resonate the most with your brand or the messaging you are targeting and optimize them for your landing page later.

Make a few edits to make the images more appealing

Adobe is, of course, the first go-to software for this. However, a lot of other software also allow you to make changes to images as per your needs. Use image editors for cropping, resizing or any other edits and while you are doing so, keep in mind the core messaging of your landing page and the objective it’s trying to achieve with the help of that particular image.

Take care of the image size and dimensions

This the main factor that might affect your landing page. The size of the image can reduce or increase the speed at which the landing page loads. When the page takes more time to load,  the risk of prospects bailing out without completely going through the landing page to see and understand the offer you are making is also heightened. This reduces the conversions. So, ensure that the image you choose has the dimensions close to what you’d see on the screen. Ideally, it’s better to keep the image dimensions in the 1,000+ range.

Images for Social Media

It is necessary to resize and optimize the images for social media if you are sharing your landing page on the social platforms. You wouldn’t want to use blurred or pixelated images on your landing page, which immediately sends a message of ‘don’t want to see this’ to the viewers. Because as quick as they are in accepting the beautiful looking landing pages, your prospects might take even lesser time in rejecting the ones that did not appeal to them - just because you didn’t pay attention to the right image. So, pay a little more attention and follow some of the most common standards for image dimensions on the social networking sites:

For Facebook,  images must be at least 600 x 315px
For Twitter, the images must be larger than 60 x 60px
For LinkedIn, the images must be smaller than or equal to 180 x 110px

After sizing and styling the images correctly, your landing page should be good to go. The conversions are about to rush in. You're welcome!