How to Convert Leads into Customers
Do you know what to do after you get a lead with your Landing Page? What the process to follow is? Should you call or send them an email? Learn here how to convert leads into customers.
If you've ever downloaded an eBook, white paper or registered for a Webinar, you might have started to receive a series of emails from that brand or website.
And what do you call that? Lead nurturing my friends!
You have already fulfilled the first task: you’ve obtained the contact information from your visitors. You have your leads! These are people who have shown some interest in your content, product or service.
The next step is to take them further, convince, persuade and conquer to convert them into loyal customers of your company.
What is the Lead Nurturing?
Lead Nurturing is an Inbound Marketing strategy that consists of establishing long-term personal relationships with potential consumers, providing valuable and compelling content at the right time.
The main purpose of this process is to achieve that necessary trust that your lead needs to make the decision to buy. That is to say, keeping the "hot" lead until you reach the last stage of the cycle: the purchase.
Thanks to the Lead Nurturing you’ll be able to:
- Identify which contacts of your emails list are ready to make the purchase
- Send consumers that are not ready to buy, valuable and timely information to help them in their decision.
- Recover those leads that have been lost in the sales funnel.
What is really important is that the content you offer arrives at the right time. When is the right time? That depends on the stage of the buying cycle the lead is in.
To do this, you’ll need to do in-depth research and analysis of your funnel, you’ll be able to identify what type of content and formats are the most effective for your leads.
Know the Buying Cycle
All leads go through a decision-making process before making the purchase of a product or hiring a service. The first step of creating a successful Lead Nurturing strategy is to identify, with certainty, which stage of the cycle the lead is in.
Here is where the lead detects that they have a need. So that means, it’s your chance to show the product or service that you offer.
Your goal should be to show that you can meet their necessity in the quickly and effectively way.
In this stage, it’s important to educate the user through useful content that will position you as a referent in the market.
This is when the lead is looking at multiple options in the market, so the key is that your brand is visible to them, so they can access to related information to your company and products in an easy way.
The moment has come! The user is ready to buy. Will you be the one? We'll see…
The secret of success in this stage lies in achieving a great segmentation of your database to convert your leads with personalized offers. The educational content is history. This is the conversion stage!
Here Is, The Lead Nurturing Process!
The Lead Nurturing process consists of converting strangers into people with names and then transforming them not only into customers but brand promoters. The main idea is to get them familiarized with your company, to convince them that you are the one that suits their needs.
Now that you know the different stages that your leads crosses, you should know what actions you should take in each one of them. Know them!
Stage # 1: Attract Them
This is the stage where the user must be made aware of your solution to their needs. But that’s not all!
You must also make them think that you are the one that fills that need. Your goal here should be to get higher visibility and differentiate yourself from your competition. Thereby converting strangers into visitors.
These are the strategies that will lead you to success in this stage:
- Create and generate valuable publications in your Social Media channels
- Make a deep research of the most relevant keywords for your business.
- Publish articles related to interesting topics for your audience and the keywords you have found.
- Make the most of your Content Marketing, offer free materials that could be of interest to your audience.
Step # 2: Convert Them
Your users already know you and what you are capable of. Now it time to convert those visitors into potential customers. You’ll achieve it, but not without knowing in depth your Buyer Personas.
This is the stage in which you should offer your users some attractive and valuable benefit. For example, you can invite them to download an eBook, a white paper or an infographic or even invite them to register for a webinar.
This is the perfect time to:
- Use Landing Pages to attract new leads.
- Include strategic Calls To Actions
- Create striking content that incentive leads to action.
- Place a subscription form on your website or blog.
- Give Webinars on interesting topics for your audience.
- Search for contacts in events and social media like LinkedIn.
Step # 3: Close the Deal
What is the benefit of getting 1000 people to download your eBook if none of those users won’t buy your products or your services? A thank you email won’t give you new customers if you don’t integrate it with others actions.
It is now time to turn those leads, who are ready to buy, into your customers. Don’t know how? Here are some options:
- Reach your leads with personalized messages thanks to Email Marketing and Email Automation.
- Analyze in detail the contacts that you already have and identify the "hot" ones to contact them
- Call those leads, follow up and close the deal.
Step #4: Inspire love
You have reached the final stage ... There is only one step! Convert your customers into promoters of your brand. This will require creating loyalty with offers and benefits that can’t be rejected because they were designed especially for them, according to their interests and needs.
This is the stage where Seth Godin says: "You must turn customers into salespeople." And to achieve it, these are your best allies:
- Social Media allows you to build brand loyalty through continuous postings linked to your community interests. At this point, contests and questions will play a key role.
- With Email Marketing, you can offer exclusive benefits by segmenting your lists according to the criteria that you consider relevant and reports of your email campaigns.